I get your message that you want more makeup tutorial. Actually I also want to present more makeup tutorial. Not only for you, but also to improve my makeup skills. Today makeup tutorial will consist of black cat eyeliner featuring new eyeliner from Benefit Cosmetics.
Couple weeks ago, I was invited to the launching event of new eyeliner innovation from Benefit Cosmetic which is Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner *you can check the review here*. They're Real Liner is my top favorite liner right now. It's black, matte, stay long, and easy to apply. I will review the liner near soon, sorry for the late review.
Sometimes, when we apply bold eyeliner, especially that one with wing out shape, it can make your eyes looks too bold or smokey. Newbie in makeup world usually not comfortable with smokey eye. So I combine bold wing out liner with natural eyeshadow and soft pink lips with tint of pink blush.
Product I Used
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Maybelline The Rocket
Sleek Contouring Kit
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hours Blush in Shade Exposed
The Balm Mary Lou Manizer
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak
How to Do the Eye Makeup
Note : all shadow is from Urban Decay Naked Palette
1. Apply chopper gold shadow all over your lid. I am using half baked.
2. On the outer corner, with V shape, apply dark brown shadow and blend it inward. I am using hustle.
3. Apply soft brown shadow with gold shimmer on inner corner and lower lash line. Make it a little bit thick on lower lash line so it will show up after you put mascara. The thickness will depends on your lower lashes. My Lower lashes is very short, basically just make it wider than to your lashes.
4. Apply same shadow from 2nd step to the outer lower lash line. Concentrate to the outer corner and blend it inward till the middle of your eyeball.
5. Apply matte black eyeliner in wing shape. To give cat eye effect, I will use fake lashes that longer on the outer corner. It is important to wing out the liner, you can add more wing after you apply the fake lashes. Lashes with longer outer corner will disguised you eyeliner. I prefer gel liner for this type of wing liner. Right now I am using my favorite Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner.
6. Apply mascara to upper and lower lashes. And finished it with fake lashes. It is important to used fake lashes which is longer at the outer third, it will give you the cat eye looks.
7. I am using ABH dipbrow pomade to fill my brow. Please excuse my brow cause I still don't know how to fill and shape my brow. Will need more practice.
Since the eye makeup is already bold enough and this tutorial supposed to be everyday look (for beginner), I complete the looks with soft pink lipstick and a little bit of pink gloss. Right now, I feel a bit chubby, so I only apply a little bit of pink blush.
-- Going Crazy --
Some Tips for You
It might be tricky for you to apply wing liner, especially if you are a newbie. Even me, I still practice. Basically you will need to draw the liner from the inner corner to the outer corner. You will need straight line on the outer corner to define the wing. You can Google how too draw a wing liner and you will find a lot. Here is tutorial from Benefit Cosmetics using They're Real Push Up Liner. I need to admit, the AccuFlex tip change my eyeliner routine. Love this product so much.
That is all for my tutorial. I hope you like it. I still need to improve my makeup skill and present to you more tutorial in future. Sometime I hate that the picture didn't do their justice and make my makeup tutorial looks all same... and also because I am mono lid, no matter how many shadow I use, it just looks like 1 tone color in my eyes.
Make up need practice, So for you who said that they are beginners,
practice will make it better.